Saturday, March 20, 2010

siggi's

This is my new favorite yogurt.
Hands down.

I love yogurt. I eat it more than once a day. I insist my family eat it once a day (Rick and my two older girls aren't huge fans - but my little guys love yogurt.)

I mostly eat Greek yogurt, because it's more like the Australian stuff I grew up on - thicker with much less sugar & a "kick" that gets you in the back of your tongue. I was shopping a while ago & saw this. Icelandic?

The verdict? It tastes FANTASTIC !! The texture is a lot like Greek yogurt and the flavor is kind of subtle, it takes a few bites to hit you.


Here's what else I love -

The milk is from grass fed cows.
No aspartame.
No sucralose.
No gelatin.
No artificial colorings.
No preservatives.
No high fructose corn syrup.
No rBGH


AND - it's made in upstate New York, so for me I don't feel badly about it being transported huge distances leaving a big carbon footprint. Try it if you find it in your store.

YUM.

(pictures from siggisdairy.com)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to come up with my meal list for this week and decided to stop by your food blog. It's nice to see you've updated. What's Brown Rice Spaghetti?

Bake-A-Holic said...

Yogurt looks tasty. I haven't seen it here(Utah) at my grocery stores. Maybe Whole Foods?