Friday, July 27, 2012

Gelato



We have a total weakness for ice cream in this family. One of our favorite things about our new town is the Gelato place less than a mile from our house, where we are frequent visitors! Our favorite summer treat is to head into town and sit in the little garden a couple of doors down and enjoy a cup of Gelato together. It's run by an Italian woman and very authentic. Actually, I think it's better than any of the Gelato we had in Italy and the servrs there are always happy and friendly.

When we can't go to enjoy the Gelato in town, I have been trying the new Telenti Gelato. So good and just a few ingredients - all of which are recognizable. My absolute favorite is the sea salt caramel (excuse me while I die & go to heaven!)



We've also tried Roman Raspberry, Blood Orange, Tahitian Vanilla Bean, Sicilian Pistachio, Belgium Milk Chocolate (shouldn't that be Belgian?), Chocolate peanut Butter Cup and Black Raspberry.
Wow, that's a lot of Gelato. I figure dividing a pint 5 ways isn't too bad.
We use our very small bowls and it's a lovely way to finish off a summer meal.
Definitely worth a try if you see these in your local grocery store!

1 comment:

Tara said...

YUM! I want some